Namlea Mountain, An Inspiration For Visiting Mondulkiri

On May 24th, 2014, my friends and I visited Mondulkiri, a province located in the North-East of Cambodia. There, we spent 1 night in a village of the indigenous people, Pnong. It was such a great experience. We didn't sleep like most tourists, but we sleep like a local. We visited a few attractions near the village one of which appealed to me very much. It was a mountain which was entirely made of stone. The mountain was called "Namlea" by the indigenous people. Namlea was like one big stone which measured about 50 metres high. In fact, the word Namlea means stone in the indigenous lanugage. What made this mountain appealed to me very much was firstly it was surrounded by forests and not many visitors had been there, and secondly it was thrilling to climb. Upon my arriving at the mountain, I thought I may not have been able to go to the top. But, knowing that there were people who already had already made it to the top, I thought to myself, "I'm sure I'll also make it to the top". And yeah! I could get to the top. Climbing that mountain gave me a lesson for my life. 






How about you? Do you have any memorable experience in you holiday? 

Post a Comment